Summer is here and the weeks are going to pass by before we can blink. Make a plan for the next few months and do all those things you meant to get around to last time it got this hot.
1. Adjust your ceiling fan. Did you know the direction of your ceiling fan can impact whether the room gets warmer or cooler? Run the fan clockwise in winter and counterclockwise in summer to keep the temperature comfortable. Read the Energy Star website for more tips about ceiling fans.
2. Check your thermostat and AC. Before the temperatures climb into the triple digits, check to see if your air conditioning unit is due for a check-up. Contact Chrissy if you need a list of vendors.
3. Maintain landscaping. During the summer months, it may be necessary to adjust watering schedules. You’ve got to love Florida. One day it will pour and the next three weeks could be dry as a desert.
4. Create an outdoor entertaining area. Add some chairs around a fire pit or start a deck construction project and take advantage of the longer days. Some new weatherproof cushions on the outdoor furniture you already own can make the space feel new and inviting.
You should enjoy the time you spend at home. Don’t forget to check out Pinterest, Houzz, and Facebook for other ideas on making your home ready for the summer.
5. Plan your meals around the weather. When it’s a cool evening, fire up the grill on the patio. Also try to plan baking times for cooler times of the day instead of using the oven in the hottest part of the afternoon.
6. Get out of the house. Cool your home only when you are at home. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and you will be happy to return to a cooled home after a great day at the beach.
If you need a hand with any renovations, large or small, email Chrissy for our list of vendors.